Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shape Me

Shape me... My husband is learning how to shape a surfboard today. There was a lot of discussion before he even started about what he wants out for of the board. What type of performance he wants... How fast he would want to surf, how steady he wanted to feel, how much control did he wanted to have on the waves... The list goes on. Then he began to measure. Trying to be so exact. Next cutting off the excess foam before beginning to shape it. Shaping it ever so carefully. Trying not to put too much pressure on the tools but needing to go over it back and forth, smoothing it out. It made me think about my life and how I need to be shaped. Certainly that applies to both physically and spiritually. Physically - I need to plan out what I want out of my body. What do I want to be able to do. If I am not healthy, I I can't do the things I need to do. I need to "measure" what I am eating every day so I can be the size that God intended me to be. (after I just had a frapacinno..lol) How do I want to feel each day... I need to cut out the fat lie he cut off the bad parts of the foam. I need to shave off my flab like he shaves the board! I wish it was easier! Spiritually - I need to allow God to shape me. I need to be able to be steady in my walk with God. I need to plan ahead and make sure I spend time in His word. I need to cut out the things that prevent me from being clean as the shaper wants to clean the board and cut off the excess. Allowing God to shape us is hard. But he knows what is best for us. He has a perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment